Butternut Squash and Red Pepper Casserole
by Anna Carts
My sister's neighbor Anna came up with this recipe for butternut squash, and it's fabulous. Maggie described it as "melt-in-your-mouth," so that's a pretty great recommendation. It's easy and perfect for this time of year when you've already roasted, pureed, and souped tons of butternut squash.
- 2 medium butternut squash
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- Freshly ground sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut away peel & seeds from squash and then cut into approximately 1-inch cubes.
In a large bowl combine the squash, bell peppers, oil, pressed garlic, rosemary, salt and black pepper.
Transfer to a 2 to 2-1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
Bake in middle of oven until squash is tender and top is golden, 50 - 60 minutes.
Serves 6 as a side dish.